The 2018/19 Eusébio Cup (integrated in the ICC) will take place on August 1 and will be played at Estádio do Algarve. The opponent will be Lyon, in a match that aims to pay tribute to Eusébio da Silva Ferreira, the greatest legend of Benfica and eternally remember.
The match against Sevilla, integrated in the preseason program remains scheduled but outside the scope of the International Champions Cup.
In a month in which thousands of Portuguese people are on vacation, with the south of the country being a place of choice, and in the face of the impossibility of using the Estádio da Luz, this will be an opportunity for the benfiquistas fans to be present at the Estádio do Algarve.
It is worth remembering that this is not the first time that the Eusébio Cup takes place outside Estádio da Luz. In 2015, the competition took place at the Estádio BBVA Bancomer, in Monterrey, in the inauguration of the new venue of Monterrey.
2018/19 PRESEASON CALENDAR
- June 28: start of the preseason work, at the Estádio da Luz.
- July 9: start of the training camp in Tróia.
- July 10: friendly match against Napredak, at Estádio do Bonfim (7:00 pm).
- July 13: friendly match against Vitória de Setúbal, at Estádio do Bonfim (8:30 pm).
- From July 15 to 20: training camp at the St. George's Park, England.
- July 21: friendly match against Sevilla, in Zurich (Switzerland).
- July 22: trip to the United States.
- July 25: start of the International Champions Cup (ICC). Match against Borussia Dortmund in Pittsburg.
- July 28: match against Juventus (International Champions Cup), in New York. Return to Lisbon.
- August 1: Eusébio Cup. Match against Lyon, at Estádio do Algarve, the last match of the ICC.
Text: Marco Rebelo and Sónia Antunes
Pics: SL Benfica